Take a road trip with a difference through the eastern European territories set during the fall of communism.
In this unique "CarPG" driving simulator, you can take to the open road in a fictional Laika 601 Deluxe reminiscent of the much-maligned East German “Trabbie”.
Jalopy is in Early Access programme with new territories being added recent months including Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria and Turkey which make this simulator truly expansive.
With each new territory developer Greg Pryjmachuk has added subtleties that make you feel like you’re in a different country, look out for different branding on products and different types of food. You will need to lavish love and care as well as your precious marks to complete this ambitious and memorable journey.
Territories currently available
- Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey
New additions to the Bulgaria update
- Various road conditions, oil spillages and pot holes are just some of the new environmental details which add to Jalopy’s realism
An entirely new tyre system added – players can now better prepare for their trips, with off-road tyres and wet weather tyres affecting grip levels
- Currently enjoying 83% positive reviews on Steam (April 2017)
- Xbox 360 controller compatible
- New odometer keeps track of the miles you have travelled
- New spray paints available from the Laika dealership to customise both inside and outside of your car
- Car manual has been overhauled to improve functionality – check the weight limit of your car to improve your Laika’s performance
- Scavenging game mechanic has been expanded so that abandoned card spawn more dynamically so eagle-eyed drivers such as yourself can be the first to spot valuable parts
- New scrapyards added to selected routes – search for spare parts if you can crack the gate
- Games menu remembers saved game and creates a background matching the new area to explore and remind you where you are on your journey
- Listen to new tracks from musician Jeremy Warmsley on the radio or select from the playlist
About the developer
Greg Pryjmachuk was a key member of the F1 franchise development team from 2009-2014. Minksworks is the name of Greg Pryjmachuk’s development house. He was a game developer on the Formula 1 franchise from 2009 through to Formula 1 2014.
In late 2014, Greg began work on a new driving game which is set during the fall of the Eastern bloc. Greg maintains a regular devlog for Jalopy, tracking weekly hours in game development. Please visit Greg's blog to keep up to date with the progress of this unique driving simulator.
About Early Access
Buying a game in Early Access means that the game is not complete. The price you pay is representative of the stage of the development. You will see that the price increases as the game
|Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit)
|Intel Core i3 2GHz or equivalent
|4 GB system memory
|Dedicated graphics card with 1 GB memory
|2 GB available space
|DirectX version 9.0; broadband connection and Steam account required
This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/